Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Story of the "Ang"

As Kiki was unwell for the past two weeks, she ate very little, sometimes not even a meal in a day. Even till this afternoon, I can't get her to eat her porridge. I need to constantly improve on variety, hoping that something gets her taste buds excited. To the extent I gave her some fish burger and french fries from Mos Burger, guilty of the quick solution to have her eat something at least with some enthusiasm. At last her vomitting has stopped, thank goodness. I feel miserable to watch her throw up in the middle of the night. Thank goodness it has passed.

So anyway, my godma told me to make some "ang" for norishment. "Ang" is the gluey, water from cooking of porridge. The first time I've made it, I cooked the porridge for almost an hour and had quite a nice built-up of "ang". Then I switched off the stove and let the pot cool while I showered in the early morning. Little will I know that the water would dry up instantly. What a waste of my effort and I could only feel silly about my inexperience. So, the next time I did it, I made sure I took all the "ang" once ready. Made milk with the "ang" since Kiki didn't like the tasteless drink at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment