Monday, August 9, 2010

The National Day Weekend

Time passes very fast, even with a longer weekend, it ends rather quickly.

I feel gulity for bringing home the flu virus from the office.
This round, it's bad. cos Kiki caught the bug from me......again.
She ran a fever and the cough was persistant. It is difficult to see the baby cough so tediously.
We went to the polyclinic on Saturday, the fever medicine works but the cough medicine didn't work quite as well. Then I remembered the TCM powder and hoped that the shop is opened today (it's National Day) and luckily it did. I tell you, it is very difficult to handle a crying, cranky and unwell baby, plus, she refused to eat anything, even her milk...... *sigh. coax, coax and coax.

Oh, and yes, I sent in a write-up to The Straits Times when they called for contributions about why you like your estate (neighbourhood) and I wrote about Great World City (my parent's place). GWC is actually not the place I grew up in. Depends on which stage of my life, I grew up in Cairnhill, Serangoon, Henderson and then GWC. The estate is very un-HDB like. The flats are typical HDB but the cluster is made up of just five blocks of flats, surrounded by five hotels may I add. (The fomer Concord, Apollo, current Kings, Waterfront Copthorne and the Riverview Hotel). It was a vibrant and flamboyant place at its peak and I must say, some of the old charms of the Great World Amusement park must have rubbed off. So anyway, I wrote in, actually, in tribute to my father as he loved our estate so much. He was in the RC (resident's committee) for 20 years, updating notice boards, washing floors for Aged Homes and whatnots. The place held dear to him, my sis and I. Since the estate will be demolished in another few years, I decided to send my entry and wrote about how interesting it really is. The papers liked it and so it was featured in the National Day Supplement papers today. Ha. Nice.


On Sunday
We went to Alvin's house.
(previously http://rachaeljoan.blogspot.com/2009/06/our-new-house.html )


I do not quite know why he would specify us to go over at eight at night and I don't quite know what to expect. But nevertheless, I warmly look forward to it because Alvin is an old acquaintance and the last time I saw him was in 1998.

The house was beautiful, warm and cozy. Three storey high and all rooms had balconies. It has a big dinning area and a huge basement gym. And entertainment area of course.
Well, I didn't get the chance to tour the place as I was keeping Kiki company. She really didn't liked to meet new people, or just any persons she seldom sees. or whatever. Anyway, she was crying and fretful so I kept myself by her side.




We stayed at the poolside plateau all the time...... it was humid and I kept going indoor to steal the cool air but mainly, stayed with Kiki.


No comments:

Post a Comment