Sunday, March 14, 2010

At Aunt Lee Choo's

We were supposedly at a family gathering but she just wouldn't stop crying. We ended up at the void deck, drinking milk, napping, and played at the playground. Didn't even have the chance to show my aunts her cute little "Aunty" looking blouse which I've bought from Hong Kong.

I don't know what's the matter with Kiki, she has become fretful of people.

She is fine when she goes to the gym and her class, and everywhere else except to any family gatherings. She would cry and I could see the anxiety in her face. She is highly sensitive and would cry even before we reach the door. Luckily, this came after the CNY. I do hope she outgrows this phase soon.......... or I'll be critisied for (1) giving in to her, (2) not giving her enough social interation. God knows I've tried. For one, I already have to deal with the daddy who is opposed to the idea of pushing her to be more social. Each time, I have to convince him that bringing her to a gathering is good. Sometimes, the outcome is great but recently, the outcome is stressful.
I do wonder if her insecurities came from me.
I am actually not very sociable and I do take a long time to make friends. But when I do, I am a loyal friend and support my friends in ways they do not have an inkling of.
However, I am heavily private and I hardly do the girly stuff like catch up over a buffet or tea to yakadee yak. I don't do gossips and I don't do meaningless bonding.
Time and energy is precious.
So anyway, here we are, having a phase of social distress and the funny thing is,,,,,, she is only fretful of my families and friends! I wonder how that works.......... hum........

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, she will outgrow it. My niece from my dad's side was also very clingy to her mum. Only this year when she started going to P1 that she started becoming more sociable. Don't think it matters too much =) Different people are just different.

    ReplyDelete