Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Rest Day



It was Deepavali Holiday yesterday and I had forgotten to turn off my weekday alarm clock, luckily, I was sleepy enough to continue my slumber. I've promised Colin that I would rent one of these trucks for him when we have more time (he asked me many times for this and he has been patiently waiting for the day to arrive). So, we finally have a day where we are not in a hurry to rush off to fetch the sister from class or rush off home for lunch and nap.  He was also patiently waiting for Deepavali because on Sunday night, I've rejected his appeal to eat the Chupa Chups. I've said he could eat it during the day, before 2pm. He burst into tears even though I suggested that they could eat the sweets on Monday morning before heading to school but they didn't want to rush their Chupa Chups, they want to savour slowly, hence as soon as they've drank their milk on Deepavali's morning, they ate their Chupa Chups. 

We went Isetan to get three sets of PJs for Colin as Maricar says he has overgrown his PJs. Also, to get a pair of school shoes for Kiki. We need to put on full uniform next Friday when we attend the School Orientation.

After shopping, we break for lunch. It has been a long time since someone do a 1 meter dash from across to place her butt on the chair just as I was about to take a table at the food court. It's like she was playing musical chairs, dashing for a seat. Maricar looked at me with a shocked expression. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. That's so retro okay aunty, and by the way, are you PRC? LOL. 

So while eating, Kiki said - "Mommy, can we only have one 'best day'?"   I said- "What do you mean?" She said- "Today is the best day of my life, but staying at hotels and swimming at hotel pools are also best day of my life. Can we only have one 'best'? Because 'best' means only one."    (My goodness. Shopping, eating, playing, is a 'best day'? I must have deprived them so much fun that they are happy with so little). Guilty, guilty, me. Me- "Well, you can say that "Today is one of the best days of my life." Because you can have a few 'best days'."   

So Kiki was trying to persuade Colin to eat a slice of fish- "Eat your fish, if not later you don't get to choose the Zoomoov animal." Me- "Don't say that. You have to positive phrase, don't negative phrase."  Kiki attempted again - "Colin, eat your fish, later you can choose which Zoomoov animal to ride"   Waaa.... I was surprised. She knows how to positive phrase! LOL. She must have listened to our conversations.  But still, positive or negative phrase, Colin won't eat the fish.


 It probably didn't matter whether he rode the Lion, Elephant or Panda. 



No comments:

Post a Comment