Thursday, March 27, 2014

Abacus

Actually, we just let her do Abacus for fun. As we thought she has a good brain so might as well use it. Her teacher (a very young lady) says that Kiki's good but sometimes playful. On good days, she could do 20 sums independently (although six had errors, the teacher said it was considered good, considering her age). Last night, I asked her teacher how many modules are there in the overall course; she said XXX numbers of books  preliminary, and then six books more to complete entire. I asked how long does it normally take; she said five years but if the student could do some homework from home, then perhaps four years. I almost fell off the chair except I was standing so there was no chair to slide off from ......................... Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I hope I've made the correct moves. Importantly, Kiki has fun. I think for her, the exercises are games. So I guess as long as it is fun, we will continue.

This morning, I decided to take a look at the workbooks. 

Waa, not bad! and I didn't even teach her how to write. I think I have to guide her on the number "8" perhaps. I sincerely hope that Abacus will help with her Mathematics journey because it was a fluke that passed PSLE and "O" Level Maths, I had failed miserably at every other Math test or exam, my scores were like 3/100 or 11/100; surely that is detrimental, and it was how I dropped out of UOL as I had to retake the Quantitative Method module which had A LOT of Maths that I couldn't handle. Hence, I would rather we face the dragon earlier this time and be good at Maths. 







No comments:

Post a Comment