Monday, May 27, 2019

Pi



I've watched the movie but I still would like to read the book as I had wanted to see if I would feel any differently about Richard Parker. No, I still don't feel any differently from what I originally feel. Perhaps I am not as emotional as Pi. I don't think I will cry over somebody who would leave me unceremoniously, coldly, and heartlessly. I would be glad that the person left. Regardless what kind of hardship or bonding we might have been through together, if the relationship is not mutual, there is nothing for me to feel, there is no love lost, and I wouldn't even shed a tear. It's real. Perhaps I am borderline psycho but there is nothing wrong not loving someone who doesn't love you back. This, by far, is my strongest trait. 

The book, is philosophical. 
There will be many circumstances where we have to work with the figurative "Tiger" in our lives. However, not all circumstances in our lives are that dire, where we need to keep a "Tiger" alive for the sake of our own sanity or survival. I suppose some relationships or work-place may feel like that and if you really find yourself in a stressful situation like Pi, then perhaps you can learn a trick or two from his cast-away survival story. (not a real life event but figuratively, it happens)




No comments:

Post a Comment