Thursday, February 25, 2016

LG: Life's Good





 Today's one-pot-dish:  Cheese Tou Fu Rice
& some Tomatoes 

 Breakfast: Choco cereals and fresh milk 


 Time to spruce up our pony tail with a bow. 
Hope that's alright with the school since the colour matches the uniform.

 Next week's Chinese Spelling. 


A beautiful sight along Clifford Pier (25th February 2016)

It's been how long without Lancelot? 3 weeks? Yap. And there's no signs of him returning soon. Not sure why they are taking so long. Meantime, had to adjust my morning pace. Make an effort to do a mental dry run the night before, place the water bottle near the air-pot flask (instead of searching for it in the morning), place Kiki's hair bands, comb, and watch on table. Decide what to prepare for recess (buy buns, buy ingredients, etc). decide what to wear for work the next day. See what's available for breakfast or sometimes breakfast-on-the-go (something to munch when we reach our bus stop). Make sure my loafers could run for the bus. Hope that it doesn't rain in the morning.

6.35am leave home for public bus to school (send her to school by 6.55am), bus from school to MRT station in town, MRT from town to MRT in West, finally, feeder bus to office. Two hours journey also can run late. 

Today, I alighted at Raffles Quay to change to the train. 

Raffles Place MRT area holds a very nostalgic feeling for me. I guess it was fond memories and a mix of I don't know what you call that............ a kind of "crossroads" feeling. I was fresh from As and worked at the remisiers trading floor for several months. I ran errands for the chief remiser and he extended my employment to his fellow remisers friends for free. It's like - Hey! Here's my Spice Girl and she'll take your lunch orders- that kind of thing. A whole bunch of old men, with only one younger remisier who would blush whenever they tease me that he's the only bachelor in the room, and they made him the treasurer to the lunch pooled funds. All of them smoked like chimneys until they had to buy standing fans. Despite it being a sparkling, swanky, brand new office then, they still smoked like chimneys and no one can say 'No' to them. They're the Kings. Such memories I have plowing the streets of Battery Road, Philip Street, Market Street, Raffles Quay, Collyer Quay. Endless banks, ally trading houses, lawyer's and nots. That was when Tat Lee Bank existed and Chevron House was known as Caltex House. All the nights I went partying at Boat Quay, Clark Quay and other odd-ball places. Thank you for the memory =)


Meanwhile, I can never break away from loving certain dance pop music. 

At this moment, my muse is "Sugar"- by Robin Schulz. 


 Life's Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment