Thursday, July 3, 2014

Let's Play Netball


My sis said- Go DL this App called Meetup, there are loads of interesting groups
I asked- Do I have to meet people?
She- It's called Meetup, you know? 

There really all sorts of meetup groups; ranging from sports, health, hobbies, movie-goers, dating, coaching, reading, whatever you can think of under-the-sky kind of activities. http://www.meetup.com/ 

I didn't know that the first Netball session I'd joined was a Meetup group because I went there as a guest (Member-invited-guest). I might never go attend a gathering if I don't know the host or any other persons. But then that's not quite true too. I've attended so many activities all by myself. Eg: Reiki, NLP, Art Jam, Art courses, Cooking classes, Float Tank etc. But that still doesn't take the timidness away from me. So anyway, I had my second dose of Netball on Tuesday, it was not bad, not as hostile as the first night four weeks back. But I enjoy a hostile game. It makes winning sweeter and loosing justifiable.

This is my sis in action  (black T-shirt)
(when there are excess players (more than 14 pax), everyone takes turn to play a 10-minute session)

It was funny how we stopped in our tracks when the wind carried the aroma of KFC from across the road.


This is my sis' friend in action (pink singlet, black shorts)
They are going for some tournament this weekend. Street Netball, sounds like Speed Netball.
Event: "Netballuxion 2014"
http://www.netball.org.sg/netball-events/item/839-netballuxion-2014
Their game slots on Saturday clash with Kiki's ballet class and Colin's music class... so I don't think I could go support them at Scape. I think if they're still in the league then they will progress into Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment