Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend Get-aways

 One friend talked about some cheap airfare some months ago and immediately booked tickets for all five of us. So we all scooted off to Kuala Lumpur last weekend for some laughters, hot-news, shopping and munching. Return air ticket was only SGD 115 and we all shared a two-bedroom suite, each paying about 70$ for the accommodation (? Sorry I can't remember the cost, all I did was pay).

To get to town, you just need to purchase one of these express train tickets. RM70 for a return trip.
It brings you from the airport to town in about 35 minutes (minus waiting time of averagely 20mins)
 
 There was this cosy cafe that opens till 3am. We chatted and laughed till tears rolled.
They must have found us a tad noisy but well, it was just funny, the jokes we had.

 
I didn't go get my future read as there wasn't a desire for it that night.
Many future readers told me that my life is perfect and that I am wealthy but why haven't I felt so?
Perhaps what I ought to do is to let my anxiety go. Anxiety with almost everything.
Perhaps then, life will flow.

The view from our service suite.

The hawker fare in K.L is somewhat different from what we have here in Singapore. I dare say that they are more innovative with their dishes and have lots of funsion food. Some may sound unpalatable eg: curry-chee-cheong-fun, while others are experimenting with texture of the staple, eg: ying-yang hor fun (the regular wet hor fun mixed with deep fried crispy been hoon), and also ying-yang veggies (crispy veg mixed with stir fried ones), etc.

We had so much funny incidents like having a cabby with a shattered windscreen telling us not to buckle the seat belt, and another cabby who had a live chicken in the front seat pecking away at my friend's feet. So much commotions that we eventually missed our flight home, scrambled for the last flight and thankfully got home in time to shower, rest, and go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment