Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's

How was your Valentine's Day?

If you've received flowers and gifts, I'm happy for you.
If you didn't, fret not, neither did I. Ha ha.

You know, the hang-ups surrounding Valentine's gifts, especially flowers are so hyped that couples quarrel over it. Some people need to feel loved/touched/appreciated especially on this day but I would be happy to feel loved/touched/appreciated on any ordinary day! Ha ha.

So anyway, a colleague bought a small cake and we all shared. We each have a very thin slice and I think that's just sweet. I mean the gesture.


Bren & I were supposed to go for dinner but as usual, Kiki wants to play.
She came up to me and asked: "Mama, do you want to play Playdoh (holding up her right hand, clutching the bag of dough and die-cuts) or i-Pad with me? (holding up the i-pad with her left)"
With her looking at me with such anticipation; dinner could wait.... till Saturday.

The can of dough she has has dried up and is becoming brittle, so I took out a new can that I've hidden in the drawers. wow, it was all fun and gluey again.

Just then, the movie channel was showing the movie - "How Do You Know?" - A comedy romance, I think. I didn't catch the show, I only watched the last 20 or 30 mins of it. But I get the drift that this lady (Reese Witherspoon) was courted by two gentlemen and was trying to make up her mind whom she would choose as a boyfriend/partner/hubby. And this guy,,,, who seemed a little boring gave her a can of Playdoh as a gift and was explaining to her about the story of Playdoh (which is in turn a real life story), about how a carpenter's own concoction of plaster is being used to remove dirt / dust on wallpaper and how the dough was originally all white and how his sister-in-law saw it and being a kindergarten school teacher she knows children loves squeezing and moulding doughs, and how she gave him the idea to add some colours to the otherwise boring dough, and how the guy eventually became a millionaire (multi-millionaire) when previously at the brink of bankruptcy, and how,,,,,,,, we are all one small adjustment away from making our lives work.

Isn't this romantic?



"We are all just one small adjustment away from making our lives work."

youtube clip found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bXkOTDBfhs

Synopsis:
From the movie "How do you know". Paul Rudd is explaining the story to Reece Witherspoon. It talks about how the Playdoh inventor was going under- till he just changed 1 thing about it to make it the billion $ business it is today. He tells her how we are all like Playdoh, just 1 adjustment away from greatness. Very inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment